Monday, 10 June 2013

#11 (June 9, 2013)

Awesome!
Actually no... not really. Today was very unproductive. The past 2 days have been pretty unproductive and I  have been in a slump. I failed an interview within 5 minutes, went to another interview that turned out to be an MLM business opportunity with a start up cost of $500. The company's name I'll exclude because I don't want to trash any companies but they basically posted an ad on craigslist for people who wanted a leadership position in a company that sells telecommunications. Turns out you are buying their business model for a fee and you make money by selling their products to your friends and family. You can also recruit people to work for you and get money from their sales (think multi level marketing). I was very attracted to this business at one point when they mentioned residual income, since they sell home services like phone and TV, and you get 1-10% of a customer's monthly bill as residual income. So hypothetically in the long run you can make a killing if you had a lot of customers because you would only need to sell them once and get residual income forever.
Truth is... I figured it doesn't quite work that way. I used to sell Telus products so I know how competitive the home services industry is... big companies like Telus and Shaw can offer services for much cheaper prices. I looked at the MLM products and they are all more expensive than Telus and Shaw, plus the residual won't actually be forever because a lot of families switch services every few years to take advantage of new bonuses. Also their "expected earnings" is unrealistic- they give you huge numbers that you could potentially earn, but the truth is most people earn much much less. 
Basically, still jobless!

My focus right now is to get a job that can pay me stable income, while I look for what I really want to do. Also I will focus on building better habits so I don't do unproductive things like today- where I played online games and watched youtube videos all day.............. haha

anyway
PCE

No comments:

Post a Comment